AquaStitch Technical Summary
NOTE: For a rigid, permanent, full-depth repair, the crack should first be filled using AquaBond PF-37 Polyurethane Foam (Available in a complete kit as Part No. PFK-377).
To correct cracking of a beam or slab the American Concrete Institute (ACI 224.1R-07) outlines post-tensioning anchor stitching as desirable to strengthen the fractured area. As with any repair, the extent and cause must be identified and addressed.
The AquaStitch technique uses Stress Proof, cold rolled 1144 steel rods, anchored into solid concrete to bridge the crack and stabilizing force across the fracture.
The AquaBond SP-1238 Stress Proof Stitches bridge the crack by extending into the unaffected, solid reinforced concrete. Future movement is prevented by embedding the 115,000 lb. tensile strength rod in high-strength anchoring epoxy along the length of the 12-inch long "stitch". The anchoring epoxy is also injected into the two holes that receive the hook and the anchor.
On the other end of the device, a flange with a slotted adjustment hole accepts the custom expanding anchor stud. When The nut on the anchor is tightened, the anchor expands, locking the SP-1238 Stitch into the concrete permanently.
Once these stitches are anchored into the structural sub-concrete, fewer loads are exerted on the weaker surface and are transferred into actual reinforced areas beneath.
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) guide covering post-tensioning is available for additional information if needed.
Contact AquaBond for a copy.
Item: AquaStitch Swimming Pool Crack Repair System
• Description: Engineered structural system to stitch fractures in reinforced concrete
• Device: AquaBond SP-1238 Stress Proof Stitch
• Installation Spacing: 1-foot (can very depending on crack severity)
• Stitch Tensile Strength: 115,000 psi
• Anchor: 2-1/4" x 5/8" custom, expanding sleeve type
• Horizontal Dimensions: Approximately 13" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1/2" thick
• Bridge Length: 12" overall length extending 6" away from fracture
• Hook Length: 2-1/4" epoxied into the concrete
• Expanding Anchor Length: 3" overall. 2-1/4" is wedged into the concrete
• Flange Material: Precision machined, case hardened 1018 steel
• Bridge Material: 1144 StressProof® cold rolled steel
• Channel: Saw Cut Approx. 14" long x 1-3/8" wide x 1-1/2" deep
• Corrosion Resistant
• 4" Masonry Saw, Chipping Hammer, Hammer Drill, 1/2" and 5/8" Masonry Drill Bit,
• 3/4" Socket Wrench, Standard caulking gun, Shop Vacuum
StressProof® is a registered trademark of Niagara LaSalle Corporation