Swimming Pool Vinyl Step Repair
Do you have a cracked or leaking pool step tread? The new AquaBond® VSRK-60 Swimming Pool Vinyl Step Repair Kit has everything you need to do a high quality, long-lasting step tread replacement/repair.
- Replace tread permanently with our high-quality repair kit
- Stop water loss due to cracked step
- Just trim to fit and adhere with our super-strong structural repair compound
- Easy and straight-forward instructions.
It worked like a charm
Instructions for Above Waterline Installation
IMPORTANT: SRX-3000-400 sets quickly! Working time may be 5 minutes or less, so be prepared, trimmed and organized before applying the adhesive.
- Chase the crack flat with a grinder, moto-tool or saw blade to give the crack some depth and allow better adhesion for the SRX-3000-400 Structural Repair Compound.
- Wipe all working areas with isopropyl alcohol or acetone to remove any dust and residue.
- Cut the new step tread to size. Trim front edge of new tread to fit 1/2″ to 3/4″ in from rounded front edge of the original step. You can score lines several times with a utility knife then bend-and-snap, or use heavy duty scissors.
- Sand the edges and corners smooth for safety and an attractive appearance when the job is finished. Round-off the four corners and soften sharp edges.
- Fill all uneven surfaces in the old step tread with adhesive and apply adhesive liberally to entire backside of the new tread before setting it in place.
- Place the tread NON-SKID SIDE UP. Press along the entire length to evenly distribute the adhesive. Create a nice bead of adhesive all around the new tread to give it a smooth transition to the original step.
- You can wipe excess adhesive with a cloth wetted with isopropyl alcohol or acetone.
- Finish-sand the repair as needed. Congratulations, you’re done!
Shop Pool Step Repair & Replacement Products Now!
VSRK-60 Vinyl Step Repair Kit$188.75
Includes one 12″ x 60″ Non-skid-patterned vinyl tread (trim to fit), one cartridge of SRX-3000-400 structural repair compound, two SM-300LL static mixers, one DM-400 Dispensing gun, easy-to-follow instructionsMore Info Add to cart
VS-60 Step Tread Replacement – 12″ Wide x 60″ Long$42.25
Includes one 12″ x 60″ non-skid-patterned vinyl treadMore Info Add to cart
SRX-3000-400 Flexible Structural Repair Adhesive 400ml – White$66.51
Includes one 400ml cartridge and two static mixer tips. Requires DM-400 dispensing gun. This product CANNOT SHIP Overnight, Next Day or 2nd Day.More Info Add to cart
DM-400 Heavy Duty Manual Dispensing Gun for 400ml Cartridges$79.99
Used to dispense AquaBond 400ml cartridges through our SM-0824 static mixer tips. Adhesive cartridge and mixer tips not included.More Info Add to cart
SM-3000LL Static Mixer Tip – Single$2.11
For Structural Repair SRX-3000-400 Products Only. Sold Individually.More Info Add to cart